Why Hiring a Virtual Assistant Makes Good Business Sense
Technology has changed almost every aspect of running a business. One way many businesses are leveraging technology to improve their day-to-day operations is by using a virtual assistant.
While the popularity of virtual assistants is skyrocketing, some business owners are not familiar with how virtual assistants work. A virtual assistant is someone who performs day-to-day tasks like data entry, replying to emails and even answering the phone from remote location. But the benefits of a virtual assistant go far beyond lightening the clerical load. Virtual assistants can do almost any task assigned, from creating PowerPoint presentations to booking travel.
What follows is a list of just some of the benefits of using a virtual assistant.
- Lower costs: Hiring a virtual assistant allows you to save on office expenses such as office space and equipment, maintenance and taxes. You also don’t have to worry about providing employee benefits.
- Great hours: You can hire a virtual assistant to work as many, or as few, hours as necessary. Perhaps there are particular times of the year when you need more help and other times when you need less. Your virtual assistant can work any schedule required – including weekends and holidays.
- Pay as you go: You only pay a virtual assistant for the hours he or she works. No paid time off, no vacation and no sick days.
- Scalability: Hiring a virtual assistant allows you to scale operations with less risk. Growth requires capital. Virtual assistants provide a cost-effective alternative to a full-time employee. This allows you to reinvest your money into your business instead of hiring another employee.
- Improved customer service: Your virtual assistant can handle customer service issues when you are not available. There is nothing a customer hates more than having their call sent to voicemail or having an email go unanswered. Your virtual assistant makes sure these things do not happen.
- Lead generation: Sorting through leads to determine their value is a time-consuming task. A virtual assistant can do that work for you, sending only quality leads to you and your sales team.
Perhaps the most important benefit of a using a virtual assistant is peace of mind. By delegating some of the more mundane and time-consuming aspects of your business to a virtual assistant, you can focus on the most important aspects of running your business.