The Impact of the Coronavirus on Lead Generation
Lead generation is critical to the success of a business. Unfortunately, the current coronavirus pandemic is making the process more challenging. Knowing how to engage with leads when you aren’t sure about their current situation can be particularly daunting.
The key to a successful lead generation strategy in these times comes down to two very important things: creativity and flexibility. It also is important to be mindful of the fact that what worked in the past may no longer work due to a shift in buying behaviors and patterns. Thankfully, there are ways to customize your lead generation approach so that you are able to take into account the unprecedented times in which we are all living.
- Review your website’s call-to-action. Make sure that your call-to-action reflects the current pandemic. Contactless deliveries, for example, will make people feel more comfortable doing business with you so make sure it is well spelled out that you offer these services.
- Offer something of value. Buyers want you to make their life easier or solve a problem. This is especially true right now. Lowering shipping costs or promotional financing are two examples of adding value to what you are selling.
- Increase communication. There has never been a better time to up your outreach game. With more people working from home, you have a captive audience. Use that to your advantage by embarking on an email campaign or hosting webinars.
- Simplify the sales process. People have enough to worry about so participating and engaging with your company should be as simple as possible. Inform prospects of next steps, offer dates to follow up, and be available to your customers at all times.
- Be a calming force. These are uncertain times and people want to know they are being heard. Empathy, transparency and outstanding customer service have never mattered more than they do today. The care you show customers now will pay off in the future in terms of loyalty and word-of-mouth referrals.
Finally, make sure you track results. If you aren’t getting good results from the tactics you have put in place, make a change. In uncertain times it is surprising what resonates with buyers and what doesn’t. Staying on top of performance metrics is what will set you apart from the competition. If you need help with lead generation and metrics, call Tactical Telesolutions at (800) 700-7422 or visit us at https://www2.tacticaltelesolutions.com.