Gone are the days when sales reps spent most of their time chained to their desks making cold calls. In fact, in today’s sales environment many sales reps don’t even come into the office. Instead they are on the road or working from home.
No matter where your sales reps are at any given time, customer relationship management (CRM) is vital to their success. And statistics show that when salespeople use mobile CRM their sales increase by 29 percent, their productivity by 35 percent, and their forecast accuracy by 40 percent.
In light of these numbers, it is easy to see why you need to make sure your company’s CRM is as mobile as your sales team. After all, Americans spend more time today on their mobile phones than they do on their computers – and this statistic is even higher for those in the sales industry.
If you are still wondering whether your company needs mobile CRM, here are some facts to consider:
- Mobile CRM is cloud-based so sales reps can use their device of choice. This leads to greater productivity because when sales reps don’t have to waste time accessing an unfamiliar operating system they can better focus on closing sales.
- Mobile CRM is easily customizable so your company is able to keep pace with constantly changing technology.
- Mobile CRM provides faster service. Requiring sales reps to come back to the office to submit or change orders is a huge waste of time. And time is money. Customers today don’t like to wait, either. Mobile CRM means anything a customer wants or needs can be taken care of wherever a sales rep is at any given moment.
- Mobile CRM helps companies keep ahead of the competition. Companies that adopt mobile CRM technology report that their sales teams are better able to give more accurate information and presentations. This allows them to stay ahead of the competition because they can close lucrative deals faster.
- Mobile CRM means everyone in the company can access the information they need in real time. Plus, information such as lead generation is organized in a clear manner that is easy to access and decipher.
Mobile devices play an important role in the success of your sales team. When you marry CRM with smartphones and other mobile devices such as tablets, the advantages of both of these powerful tools can positively affect your bottom line.